Girls Swim Dominates Irvine On Senior Night 

The UHS swim meet on senior night.

Eithar Takesh, Staff Writer

The UHS Varsity Girls’ Swim team took on Irvine High School in their last dual meet of the season. It was also a special night for the seniors on the team, who were honored at the team’s senior night ceremony. The team had prepared for this event for weeks, and the night was filled with excitement, cheers and amazing performances.

“All of our girls’ teams won against Irvine, and overall it was a very successful meet,” junior Brooke Yeh said. “We made posters for our seniors, and they were announced during the break.”

The final scores for the program’s Open, JV and Varsity teams were 84-70, 104-66 and 94-76, respectively. Many of the athletes dropped seconds from their previous times this season and even broke personal records.

“One of the most notable races during the meet was our NYU swim commit Reina Gomez’s 500 fly, which is an event almost no swimmer would want to swim,” junior Jocelyn Tsai said. However, she and her club teammates from Irvine High School swam the race together for the last dual meet of their high school careers which was a very impressive feat.”

The senior night ceremony commenced shortly after the individual events.

The swim team had a successful senior night ending their regular season with a bang defeating Irvine with all three of their teams. The team did an exceptional job and the seniors have left their mark on the team and the school as a whole.