Student Summer Plans

During+summer%2C+school+is+finally+over+and+students+get+a+chance+to+relax+and+sleep+in+without+worrying+about+being+late+for+anything+important.+Some+summer+plans+that+students+may+have+are+traveling%2C+engaging+in+outdoor+activities+and+hobbies%2C+and+spending+time+with+friends.+

Lauren Kim

During summer, school is finally over and students get a chance to relax and sleep in without worrying about being late for anything important. Some summer plans that students may have are traveling, engaging in outdoor activities and hobbies, and spending time with friends.

Roger Xu, Staff Writer

As summer approaches, students at UHS are gearing up for a well-deserved break from their studies. While some may choose to spend their time off relaxing, others have exciting plans to keep them busy over the coming months. Here are the stories of four students and their unique summer plans.

Meet Allen Chen, a passionate biology student and rising senior. From a young age, Chen has been fascinated by the complexities of life and the natural world. He spends his free time reading books about biology and watching documentaries about the latest scientific discoveries. In Mr. Knight’s AP Biology class, Chen is always eager to participate in discussions and ask questions about the topics being covered. He dreams of pursuing a career in the biological sciences, possibly as a researcher or a doctor. This summer, Chen plans to attend a biology camp where he can further explore his interests and learn from experts in the field. His love for biology is contagious and inspires those around him to appreciate the wonders of the natural world.

Next is Yu Pan Zhao, a rising junior who is passionate about music. Zhao will be spending his summer attending a music camp in Los Angeles. The camp is known for its rigorous training program, and Zhao is eager to learn from some of the best musicians in the industry. He is excited about the opportunity to hone his skills and collaborate with other young musicians from around the world.

Sophia Ortiz, a rising junior at UHS, has always been interested in business and entrepreneurship. This summer, she will be participating in a summer program at a local business incubator. The program is designed to teach young entrepreneurs the ins and outs of starting and growing a business. Ortiz is excited to learn from experienced entrepreneurs and to gain hands-on experience with starting her own business.

Finally, we have Alex Kim, a rising senior who is passionate about social justice issues. Kim will be spending his summer volunteering with a non-profit organization that works to improve access to education in low-income communities. Through his volunteer work, Kim hopes to make a positive impact on the lives of children who may not have access to the same resources as their peers. He is excited to learn more about the challenges facing these communities and to contribute to efforts to improve access to education.

As you can see, these four students from UHS have very different summer plans, but they all share a common desire to learn, grow and make a positive impact in their communities. From joining a biology camp to attending a music camp, from learning about entrepreneurship to volunteering for a non-profit, these students are taking advantage of the summer months to pursue their passions and interests. It will be amazing to see what they will accomplish by the end of the summer and the impact they will make in the future.