Girls Volleyball goes 3-4 at Edison tournament

Ellie Hanssler, Staff Writer 

Girls Varsity Volleyball competed in a two-day tournament hosted by Edison High School, which took place on  Friday, August 31 and Saturday, September 1, prevailing in the majority of their games.
On the first day of the tournament, the team finished with an overall score of 1-1, winning two out of the three sets against Saddleback Valley Christian High School and losing against Yorba Linda High School.
The second day, Girls Volleyball finished with a score of 2-3, winning their games against Sunny Hills and Buena Park, the latter of which was a straight sweep. They lost their game against Laguna Hills after winning the first set, losing the second and the third sets.
“We made it to the semifinals, playing and winning against a lot of teams that were ranked against us,” senior Annabelle Park said when asked about how she thought her team played at the tournament.
Despite the teams mixed results, sophomore Victoria Holmes was “really proud of how the team played… it just shows our dramatic improvement from last year… I’m very happy with how the team didn’t give up for a second in any of our games. The team chemistry is really starting to show, which helped our game a lot, especially in the Edison tournament.”
Junior Julia So agreed, saying that “tournaments really bring the team together and push us to play our best. Since we play multiple teams in a day, it really gives us the chance to improve.”
“I feel like we connect really well as a team this year and that we learned a lot about our limits and really began trusting each other,” Park said. “We’ve already had more wins than we had last season. Hopefully, we can make it to CIF.”
Currently, the team has a record of 3-0 , with a more recent victory against Irvine High School .
The team’s next home match is against Beckman High School next Thursday the 20, at 5:15 p.m. in the Big Gym.