- IMPACT is a transition program for freshmen and new students.
- IMPACT mentors serve these students by helping them get acclimated to a new campus through icebreakers, tours, and group activities.
- Giving tours of the campus
- Bonding activities with IMPACT groups
- Orientation Day: new students meet their IMPACT groups for the first time
- IMPACT Connections: there are typically three other times that IMPACT groups meet at the beginning of the year to help new students get acclimated to the school environment
- Mentor: This position requires mentoring and interacting with incoming freshmen and new students, in which mentors are expected to engage in all IMPACT connections.
- Team Leader: This position requires prior IMPACT experience. There are typically five team leaders that assist Mr. Pate in IMPACT responsibilities, as well as mentoring their own groups.
REASONS TO JOIN:
- Make an IMPACT on new students and help them feel more comfortable in their new environment
- Gain knowledge about the school as well as experience with guiding tours
- Gain leadership skills
- Meet new people from all grade levels
HOW TO JOIN:
- There is a short application online to apply as a mentor or team leader, followed by an in-person (or virtual) interview with IMPACT team leaders
- Visit universityhigh.iusd.org for updates or contact Mr. Pate for more information at MatthewPate@iusd.org
- Follow @uhsimpactprogram on Instagram for links and reminders!
By CLAIRE CHOI
Features Copy Editor