Dual Enrollment

Caitlyn Kim, Section Editor

PREREQUISITES

• none

WHAT IS DUAL ENROLLMENT

• Dual enrollment is an opportunity for high school students to take college courses at a local community college (either Irvine Valley College or Saddleback College)
  • Most students sign up to take these courses over the summer, however students can also take courses during the school year as well
  • K-12 students receive a later priority registration time as to not displace regularly admitted students
  • High school students have their course fees waived, however there is an $18 “IVC Health Fee” that must be paid
    • *note: some courses have additional textbook costs so be sure to check for this before selecting courses

WHAT COURSES ARE OFFERED

• Refer to the link below to access the list of courses offered at IVC and Saddleback

HOW TO SIGN UP

• Summer and fall registration accepted beginning on February 1
  • Spring applications accepted beginning April 1
  • Follow the instructions on the IVC K-12 Special Admissions page linked below
    • You need to create an Open CCC account in order to use the services of the California Community Colleges
  • *note: once you complete the K-12 Admission form, you must get the signature of one of your counselors, the assistant principals, or the principal, so do not wait until the last minute to complete this process
  • Once your forms are approved, you will be assigned a registration date where you are officially able to register for your classes online. It is not until you select your courses on your registration date that you are enrolled in the classes.

RESOURCES